Carbon & Glass Fibre Wrapping
The Loma Prieta earthquake near San Francisco in 1989 and the North ridge earthquake near Los Angeles in 1994 led to a sense of urgency in seismic strengthening of bridges and buildings throughout California. A technique that was just beginning to be used at the time, carbon fiber fabric epoxy bonded to the exterior of structural concrete members, proved to be a valuable tool in this effort. For the past 20 years, the materials and techniques of this approach have been perfected and adapted for use in building retrofitting projects and for refurbishment of structures to resist the seismic forces due to earthquake and also to increase the load carrying capacity of the existing building.
- CFRP is an extremely strong and light fibre reinforced polymer which contains carbon fibre and resins.
- When bonded to the exterior of an RC element, it can add significant strength without adding mass and weight.
- CFRP are expensive to manufacture but are commonly used wherever high strength to-weight ratio and rigidity are required.
- In Civil Engineering aspects it is widely used for enhancing the strength of existing RC elements.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL BODY
- Life member & past Management Committee member of 'Association of Consulting Civil Engineers' (ACCE), Bangalore.
- Life member & past Hon. Treasurer (2003-2008) & past Hon. Secretary (2011-2013) of 'Institute for Research, Development and Training of construction Trades and Management' (INSTRUCT), Bangalore.
- Fellow member of 'Institution of Valuers'-India New Delhi and Bangalore, Approved valuer of immovable property.
- Life member of 'Institute for Steel Development & Growth' (INSDAG), Kolkata.
- Member of 'Institution of Engineers' – India.
- Member of 'American Society of Civil Engineers' (ASCE) & management committee member of ASCE in Karnataka State..
MEMBERSHIPS - OTHERS
- Life member of 'Alliance De Francaise-Bangalore' an Indo-French Cultural Institute.
- Life member of 'The Mysore Horticulture Society'. Bangalore..
- Life Member of Bangalore District Rifle Association..
- The team of M/s. 3E-SERVICESTM have been trained by Multinational Companies like M/s. BASF, M/s. FOSROC, M/s. SIKA, M/s. BOSCH, M/s. FISCHER and M/s. HILTI, M/s. TYROLIT etc., who are leaders in providing solutions to challenges in Construction Engineering. M/s. 3E-SERVICESTM has involved & associated in research programmes of the university level on structural rehabilitation. The team of M/s. 3E-SERVICESTM have been attending Seminars, Workshops, Conference, Endowment lectures in international, National level as delegates, Co-sponsors, Exhibitors which is conducted by ICI (KAR), ACCE (B'LORE), ACCE (HYD), CCMA, INSTRUCT, Elpro energy center, IIV (KAR), so as to get updated about the recent technology, to adopt hi-tech methods in Construction Engineering and to disseminate & share their knowledge among society. .
- To become most preferred and leading contractor to cater for Rehabilitation & Retrofitting of Civil Engineering structures in India.
- To educate the society in construction to reduce and manage the defects for prolonged life of the structures.
- To educate, orient & connect Civil Engineering students to Construction industry through knowledge sharing.
- To educate construction workforce for better buildings in India.
- To support Society and Industry through value based services which will increase and support the life of the Civil Engineering Structures.
- We have Honesty, openness courage to learn & change at all levels of operation.
- We are committed to exceptional service and will strive for highest quality & excellence in delivery.
- Employees & customers are our strength, we believe in their succeed.
- We focus on challenging & meaningful projects.
- We will strive to mechanize at all levels of operation towards speedy and quality delivery.